· GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
· GPRS mobile station class B
· Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
· Class 4 (2 W # 850 / 900 MHz)
· Class 1 (1 W # 1800 / 1900MHz)
· Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server.
· RTC supported.
· Selectable serial port.
· Low power consumption - 1.5mA(sleep mode)
· M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions.
· Remote control of appliances.
· Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network.
· Vehicle Tracking System with a GPS module.
· Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
· The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
· The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
· Power select - select the power supply for GPRS shield(external power or 5v of arduino)
· Power jack - connected to external 4.8~5VDC power supply
· Antenna interface - connected to external antenna
· Serial port select - select either software serial port or hareware serial port to be connected to GPRS Shield
· Hardware Serial - D0/D1 of Arduino
· Software serial - D7/D8 of Arduino
· Status LED - tell whether the power of SIM900 is on
· Net light - tell the status about SIM900 linking to the net
· UART of SIM900 - UART pins breakout of SIM900